Tuesday, 10 December 2013
Banff & Buchan MP Dr Eilidh Whiteford has praised postal workers after visiting the Royal Mail’s Delivery Centre in Turriff.
Commenting, Eilidh said:
“Postmen and women do such an important job at this time of year. I would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.
“At Christmas, more than any time of year, it becomes apparent just how critical the Royal Mail is. We rely on our local posties to receive and send our cards and presents. In a rural area like Banff and Buchan, those same posties are a veritable lifeline.
“I will continue to speak out in favour of a publically owned, universal delivery service.”
“Our people do a fantastic job at this time of year to ensure that friends and families stay in touch through their Christmas greetings and gifts. We’d like to remind our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings!”
The recommended last posting dates for mail are:
- Friday 20 December for 1st Class items
- Wednesday 18 December for 2nd Class items
- Monday 23 December for Special Delivery items
- Monday 9 December for airmail to Cyprus and Eastern Europe
- Tuesday 10 December for airmail to Canada, France, Greece, Poland
- Friday 13 December for airmail to USA
- Saturday 14 December for airmail items to Western Europe (excluding France, Greece, Poland)